View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
lamb

Scheduled Forum Maintenance on 12/01/2006 - please read

Ladies and gentlemen,

As you know, our board has been experiencing a bit of a problem with spam. We’d like to re-assure you we’re fighting back – the game is on!!

Overly simplified, I am what you would call a “computer guy”. I have a lot of experience working with networks, servers, web & database technologies. I am happy to try to help WCW / BWE.

We have already done several things to fight spam. More action is needed that may potentially impact you, so we would like to give you a heads up.

On 12/01/2006, the following maintenance will take place:

1. All accounts that have 0 posts (no posts) will be deleted.

BWE/WCW has nothing against “lurkers”, but about 99% of 3400+ accounts with 0 posts are spammers. We have no way to differentiate between the two.

If you never posted and would rather avoid the hassle of having to re-register on the board, just post something… Reply to this thread, say "nice fish" or "nice day" on any report, whatever. Otherwise, please be advised that you will have to re-register.

If you posted at least once, you have nothing to worry about. No action is required on your part – your account won’t be impacted.

2. The URL link for the board (forum) will be changing.

Web site URL stays the same, only the path to forum will be changing. The URL link change will impact everyone, regardless of number of posts.

If you have the direct URL bookmarked, you may not be able to access the board. All you will need to do is go to http://www.bigwatersedge.com , and then click on “Messages” button. You can than bookmark the new link.

Thanks for your patience, cooperation and understanding!!!

WCW/BWE Team & Lamb Tech Support Team