View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
Whizz Bang

Aaaahhhhh!!!!

Everytime I see these posts I want to scream. I have only been in this sport a couple of years. I bought my kayak (at that time a WS Ride from Ric when he was in Kearny Mesa OEX) and headed straight to LJ. Besides coronado where I work, it was a very long time before I ventured anywhere else.....LJ has everything.

Save your money on surf lessons and others, spend that on tackle.

If you really think you need lessons, PM me... I won a couple of lessons from Jim S at the last Moyer tourney, I will never use them and will give them to you for free. He can and will teach you if he is not off catching the loch ness monster on light tackle.

Dont hesitate, dont fear the surf, just GO!!!!

Best advice I have seen on this is to strap your rods flat and stow the reels, tie everything down and it does not matter if you are upside down.

Also, Pick a day that the surf is going to be 1-2 or less, time your intervals, paddle hard.

On the way in.....stow everything, time the set, paddle hard, when the inevitable wave looms behind you, drop your feet on either side and back paddle hard, after the wave passes, continue in.

Still undecided???? Take a look at who is in second on the WCW, Girls can do this. Sack up.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote