View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #47
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
I had not planned to post in this thread but the evolution theory that pchen911 posted intrigued me. I think that he is right.

I used to post a lot more than I do these days. One of the reasons was that when I was new to this, I was all excited about all the new things that I saw and learned. To me it was all worth sharing. As I became more experienced, I realized that a lot of people, particularly the ones who have been around awhile could care less about the observations and expeiriences of an excited newbie.

It is kind of like a combination of the "Circle of Life" and Been There... "Done That". Fortunately, newcomers are constantly joining this sport and for those people, these posts, redundant as they may be from a historical perspective, contain a bunch of new and useful information.

I also agree with what Jim Day said. Many who have been on this site for a while have stopped posting because they just don't want to deal with the occasional bully who gets his kicks by flaming others. Reading that crap gets old very quickly. Some of the hateful emails and PMs that folks have shared with me over the years have been just plain mean.

Maybe the discussion in this thread will help nudge some of us who have been lounging in Category 5 back to Category 3 where our cheerful voices will help drown out the bitches and moans flowing from the haters in our group.

Bob

X-2!