Thread: Not good ...
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
bellcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA Supporter
You still have the majority of the surrounding waters to fish. roughly 75 to 80% to be exact.
Using your math,
you supported closing ONLY 20 to 25% of California's waters to fishing.
To the non-fisherman or even the ignorant fisherman (you?), that may sound fair.
BUT
The areas you have supported for closure are the areas we fish.
They are the "productive" areas, so please save the condescending "We left you 75 to 80% of the surrounding waters for you to fish" line of bull for those who don't know any better.

How about if we had a couple thousand acres of dry barren land, with one river running thru it. I take the land with the river on it, (approximately only 20 to 25% of said land) and you can have the rest... (roughly 75 to 80% to be exact) enjoy!

Or
lets say you live in a nice house with an ocean view, I come along and tell you about a new environmental law limiting the amount of windows you may have in a house. In your case we will only need to board up 20 to 25% of your windows, so you should be happy.
But here is the bad part, we choose which windows to board up. and in your case it is ALL of the windows that face your precious ocean view.
But not to worry we left 75 to 80% of your windows untouched...
(They just happen to have views of an alley and your neighbors side yards...) ENJOY!

Or I could tell you how I really feel, after attending hours and hours of meetings and spending way to much of my time listening to a bunch of fuggin kooks talk nonsense to a panel of complete shit holes who had already made up their minds. Then watching all those who opposed their agenda being disrespected and cut off from any and all rational discussion.

Part of me wishes we would have went medieval on those lying, fact distorting, pieces of....Ladies and Gentlemen (Ken W. being the biggest "lady" of them all)

Thanks for being a thorn
BWE... whats next?