View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #51
ctfphoto

A couple times landing in the surf at La Jolla ..lost sun glasses that were strapped on ..BUT

the first roll ever was in our 2 seater with my 4 year old on his very First Ocean trip and only his second trip ever.

He went under (w PDF) and I grab him and brought a crying 4 year old to his moma on the beach

Next time we go out I INSIST that we do La Jolla as my son is now scared of the waves. By now we have the second (my) kayak so I my daughter and wife get ready to launch the 2 seater and my 4 year son is freaking out balling on how he doesn't want to go. I grab him by his PDF and put him on his moms boat kicking a screaming ...... we get out , he calms down, we see dolphins, sea lions and go through a really cool cave and he is fine. Coming back in, I think to myself, no way he flips this time. I land first, then come back out and ride the tail of the two seater with all my weight on it in thru the surf for a sweet landing. My son thinks my wife is a better yaker than I because she didn't flip
ctfphoto is offline   Reply With Quote