View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #20
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing619 View Post
So I want to do this tournament but I have never fish off of a kayak nor I have been on the open water, just bought a used ocean kayak 13 but I have no idea how to go out there can some one help me or want to teach me some tricks to get out ok the kayak I'll be free this Sunday thanks.
You can txt me at 6194908823
Take your yak out to Mission or SD Bay and get used to the feeling of it.. Take no or as little as possible gear so you can practice entry and re-entry (it's that time of year, water and air temps are decent enough you may enjoy the dip).. Yes, literally flop or jump out of your kayak in water and see what it takes you to get back in, therefore if it happens in open water, you are prepared.. After a day or 2 of farting around on a new kayak, most are comfortable with how they perform then from there the world is your oyster my man.. Most probably will not take you up on your offer to fish this sunday but don't let that deter you... Get out there, get you and your kayak wet and soon enough you will be pulling up fish on her... Time on the water is key my man, safety first then fun from there..

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote