View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 08:36 AM   #10
blazian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
So are you going to be carving out a bunch of foam to get to the outer hull? I've only heard of one guy on the Solo Skiff Owners Group doing it, and it was a big job to get it right. Solo says don't do it.
Again - I know you said you don't want side scan - but if you pick up Tony's unit, ask him to show you the BerleyPro housing on his PA. I saw his at last weekends King Harbor tournament and immediately ordered one - and just installed it in my PA last night. I think it would be the perfect solution to mounting an external transducer to a Solo Skiff. Yes, there will be a bump on the bottom of the boat, but it will be an armor plated mount.
OEX will be doing the install so no worries on that. The transom mount in rear has too much turbulance/interference from the prop being so close to it. Also the extra couple inches it stick out the back makes it harder to load/ unload off a pick up bed extender. I'll take a look at the BerleyPro housing, I wonder how big a hole we would need to install it on the Solo?

Last edited by blazian; 06-16-2017 at 08:42 AM.
blazian is offline   Reply With Quote