View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 PM   #13
Hobi-Wan Kenobi
Junior

When to go, how long? - looking for suggestions!

OK, as stated, I'm pretty much open on when to go as I'm self employed, but having said that, it may be best that this trip occur during the weekend, maybe a Thurs to Sunday - so that guys don't have to take off too much time from work.

Second - Feb & Mar may be too rainy, too windy, too soon? April I've got a family vacay to Mission Beach and plan to fish La Jolla. This would be an excellent time to do a pre meet and greet.

May/ June - would be an ideal time for me to go, slow for work and hopefully the weather will be nice enough to do this.

First: Can you guys get your affairs in order? Lets nail down an ideal time to do this.

SAFETY ISSUES: float plan, radios, safety gear

Second: Parking situation, camp site selection based on fishing locations.

Third: Travel buddies - whose going and in what? Though everyone should go at your own pace, it's best to stick with a travel buddy. Meaning - like kayakers / propulsion systems should stick together.

Fourth: Gear preparation/selection (everyone will have to be self sufficient, as people may drop out due to unforeseen circumstances)

Fifth: Camp contributions

If we plan this safely and make it fun and affordable, there's no reason why this can't be the blueprint for future trips - maybe an annual event!

Btw - spread the Dream!

"May the Fish Be With You!"
Hobi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote