Thread: Bixpy Jet...
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #6
Saba Slayer

Rear mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
If you like it now you should mount it in the rear. Freaking game changer with the drive and/or mother ready to go at a moments notice.

I tried the rear mount and it's really cool to have the ability to switch to or additionally use the Mirage Drive along with the Bixpy motor...I can't wait to try it up in the Sierras with a lake shore launch.
In the salt water...especially here in the Redondo area I find it's really hard to clear out any eel grass or kelp that gets caught on or in the motor....especially if I'm out fishing alone....it's a long way back there...LOL
I also found it was hard to do a dock launch with the rear mount since it extends out from the rear of the yak.

With the Mirage drive well insert it's really easy to pull it out and clear the prop or motor of eel grass.

That remote control is really nice with no wires and it seems made to fit right on the armrest of the Vantage seat. 10 forward speeds and 2 in reverse.

The lithium battery fits perfect under the seat of the Pro Angler...as a mater of fact... two batteries can fit in there nicely and you can still have room for a couple of tackles boxes.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 07-17-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote