View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 AM   #12
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I was doing a night dive for lobster at zuniga with a dive buddy when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I remember getting tossed in the drink in the middle of the night out at Zuniga. I had 5 hoops stacked on the back of my Outback which end up shifting( we were in close to the shore/decent swell/surf)causing me to fall out. I had my waders on as it was middle of winter( you dont sink with waders ) which filled immediately, but due to the shock of the cold water and the thought of whats below( night makes it scarier )i was back in the yak in the matter of seconds. Cold and in shock, i called it a night and began to peddle the long journey back to Kellog St.

Its going to happen eventually, best to be prepared!!

We got in the water to early before tide charge. I could feel the current pulling out, holding on to the boat, on the backside of the jettie.Boat was on anchor We might have been ok if we went down and got out of current maybe.i didn't check tide I left it up to my partner his boat Ifigured he checked tide.i remember saying to him you sure about this Jeff I feel a lot of current hanging on to the boat.Anyway we left the boat and headed towards the rocks, I could feel the rocks with the tips of my fins.all of the sudden a swell pulls us over the top of the jettie and were in current heading out to sea in the dark.the current is to strong to swim against with a scuba tank.all we can do is try and hold our position, with heart rate rising I pull my hood off my head so I can breath better.I yell at the top of my lungs to Dennie he fishing in the boat, come and get us....good thing we had someone in the boat.to come and pick us up or we would have floated out to sea.the current in San Diego bay current is really strong at times always check tide times and movement of water.

Last edited by MITCHELL; 03-22-2018 at 04:53 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote