View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
DDS
Finally landed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Obed View Post
And just a heads up. Downscan, side imaging, and fish reveal from Lowrance work great in deep waters. Im on year 3 with my Lowrance unit.
Hopefully that is the case. I have only used my RV-100 all in one transducer once and it had good resolution to 130 feet. I will try to take it out this weekend to some deeper depths and see how much clarity it can produce.

If I can take some screen grabs I will.

Thanks for your insight Obed - as I said, I'm not an expert at all, just someone who did a ton of research before making the same plunge as the OP trying to buy what would work best for me.

I do know with the Lowrance if you want 3D structure scan you need a separate transducer and black box computer and still maintain the 50/200 transducer most of us have already. That is why I chose the one I did.

The RayMarine RV-100 has 3D, Down, Side and Chirp all in the one transducer - but it is huge and sticks below the scupper mount about 1-2 inches even with the BerleyPro set up - so it adds a level of complexity with beaching the kayak and loading it up.