View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #28
Streak
Junior

I had a great day on the water with Jim and found the OK very comfortable. Ihad the fly rod with me but fished mostly conventional gear.

I visited the FHS on Friday and had a long chat to the OEX folks who were very helpful.
They showed me a Wilderness Ride 115 which seemed nice and stable allowing you to stand up if desired.

Remember I really do get sea sick and will probably never head out to sea so I can size my yak according to bay conditions.

Many of the folks here really do punt the mirage drive hobies over any of the other kayaks but almost all of them are conventional gear anglers. In my tube I am fishing straight out in front of me. Many of the other fly fishing kayakers sit side ways with fins on to control the position of the yak they fish out in front of them. Given this it would seem a waste to have the mirage drive as it would be tough fishing out the front of a yak with all that yak in front of you.

Would the mirage drive be a waste of money given the type of fishing I will be doing?

I will be heading to OEX in Mission bay soon to do some test runs.
Streak is offline   Reply With Quote