View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
FARRIER

They got the Big Mack. We got the Big Mick.

Launched yesterday for a great morning of splashing bait and boiling fish. The kind of conditions that make your heart race and your spidey senses tingle. That feeling when you know you are in the right place and are gonna stick one! Got some macs on board about 0700 and make my way out to find the school. About 0715 I see a few boils and yt right behind someone about 40 or 50 yards ahead of me. I slap on a bait and throw the surface iron. Flylined bait gets nailed halfway through my first retrieve on the iron. First one hits the deck about 0730. I'm elated to say the least! Troll around some and find the huge school of bait! Thrashing, splashing, but I can't see any actual surface crashes. So i drift up to it throw the iron and soak a bait. But unfortunately I gained a furry companion so I had to leave the area as I was being stalked from below. My meter saved me from waisting all my bait. He was sitting at 20 ft just waiting for me to toss a bait. So I make my way north and get hit on the flyline about a minute after I passed a drifting skiff. The fish pulls me right to them and they kindly veered off course. I stopped by to thank them and they asked what I was using, and I said macs. They said all we caught are giant macs. I told them the bigger the better. Case in point.....

This fish had two other fish in its belly and still tried to eat my bait! Anyways I returned to fishing and about a minute after I passed that same boat and..........on again! I am not gonna lie it felt good to prove my point right in front of them as it seemed they ignored my advice. All in all a great day! I hope everyone else had similar fortunes.

I had some donations for the building blocks after being inspired by something josh wrote.

Finally paging HOW I have a pickup for you waiting in my chest freezer a little over 15 lbs of yt. Contact me whenever you wanna come get it. I have the room for it right now so no worries! 6198878088 See you guys out there!!!!
Patrick