Thread: Color matters?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
FishNinjaY

Color matters?

So excited!

Looks like I'm about to jump into this kayak game. Going to try to take advantage of some pre-Fred Hall Show savings..

Super thanks to Andy at OEX SSB
for spending so much time getting a noob like me situated and demo'ing stuff on the water. He's also working on a great package for me, and I'm pretty much decided (finally) on the Hobie Oasis tandem. My 10yr old boy doesn't know it yet, but I'm actually getting a second kayak to give him, a Malibu Mini-X... the color might not entirely be in my control, but I asked my son what colors he liked, and he picked out the LIME GREEN! Yikes.. a bit loud, no? (especially since I hope to use it for solo fishing when I have a few hours free).. but.. I guess if that's what the boy wants!

Got me thinking...

What are peoples preferences on color of kayak? Any issues that factored in, like visibility on the water?, safety? dirt/cleaning? how it wears over time with beach rash? etc... Personally, I think I favor the lighter, more subdued colors, like stone for the Malibu, or ivory dune for the Hobie.. but the mango yellow is ok also? I guess I'm not picky.

Ok.. just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks!!

Can't wait..

See y'all out there!
-Jay
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote