View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #47
Hunters Pa

What?? I thought EVERYONE had a PA for easy launches, a Trident 15 for surf launches and a Scrambler for quick harbor runs???

That said, most people here get out on the water more in a month than I do in a year

Love the PA for easy launches, especially for hooping. It is a pain to load on top of my Envoy but I love the comfortable ride and using my legs. Bought it after a black seabass kicked my a$$ at a Baytubers gathering last summer and my arms were spasming as I paddled back in. Bastard towed me a mile out before I got him to the surface and safely released, all while the usual suspects were giving me crap on the VHF.

Trident is my go-to for launching/landing in the surf where I am just not ready to take the PA. Lots of storage that is easily accessible. Comfortable and I can stow pretty much everything before I (inevitably) get rolled on landing.

The Scrambler is for throwing on top of my Civic when I can cut out of work early and hit Huntington Harbor for an afternoon mental health session with two rods and a tray of plastics. Plan was also to get one of my kids on there in the harbor and me in the Trident or PA, but neither has shown much interest beyond my daughter wanting to ride in the PA with me.

Storage? Doesn't everyone have a mancave like this in the backyard??

Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote