View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #26
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I bet with that motor on those solo skiffs you wont catch near the amount of yellows as a kayak. Just saying. Yea you can cover more ground, but hell, those things are made for offshore style fishing. I wonder how well it does with a little swell action as well, adding a seat makes center of gravity pretty high. GL brother!
I am sorry to disagree, I just get there faster with less work, as soon as I shut the engine down, I am again a yak, with all the great things they intail, plus there is NO hull slap and the thicker hull foam deadens the noise. They paddle as well or better than the PA's, are more stable and as I said earlier they are very quiet. As to swell I had mine in Gonzaga last weekend in 10-15 mph winds with normal short interval swell, no problemo. NO you are NOT going to RUN home in those conditions at much over idle speed but get you home it will and you shoud not be exhausted from paddling OR pedaling.
Are they perfect? NO, NO, NO but they are another tool in your arsenal. If pelegics show in La Jolla this year there will be Solo's there. For the older guy's these might work out ok once we figure the loading thing out. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote