View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #71
wavster

I started reading this thread to hear more about Tyler's WSB. This is a long thread that's gotten way off track. I'm new to this board, but I normally frequent another board. I have to say, I've never heard so much whining.

I've been kayak fishing since last September. I caught a Yellowtail my first week and I didn't even know what it was. I caught it on a bass rod with a spinning reel and 12lb. test. Though the fish was small (8lbs.), the fight was awesome. I was instantly hooked. I caught 2 more the following week and have been kayak fishing regularly since then. I usually will fish 2-3 times per week. I've even got my 2 oldest girls into it (11 & 13).

Anyone who expects these boards to be more than a venue for chats, sporadic reports and an occassional tip, expects too much. If you want to learn how to consistently catch fish, then go fishing (and read these boards).

How many of you were out there today? It was cold, windy, and lousy, yet I was out there knowing that I'd probably get skunked. I knew the conditions weren't good, but I go for enjoyment. I want to learn, and try different things. Too many of you expect the "regulars" to give all their secrets away. There defintely should be some pride in the fact that some people always seem to catch more fish. They've earned that through experience. To think that they should give that knowledge away freely is expecting way too much.

...ok, now that being said, I'd like to know what Tyler used to catch the WSB, along with GPS coordinates, the rod and reel type, what lb. test, the phase of the moon on that day and the rate he was reeling in his line along with the soap he used that day (if he handles his bait/lures, his scent is on them, you know).