View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #4
PapaDave

I have a PA17, it's great for two people. I sometimes do guide trips and it comes in very handy.

It handles very well on the water, not much fazes it. As with all PA kayaks the turning takes some getting used to but once figured out it's all good.

It carries a lot of stuff. If you take it out solo you have room for a full sized ice chest, a 20 gallon bait tank, a moderately sized car battery, hoop nets and all your tackle. The weight isn't an issue. With two people you can get the 20g tank and all the tackle for two without a problem.

The yak is 17' long so sticking it in the back of your truck would leave quite a bit hanging out. I use a trailer, you can find them on CL for about $250 if you take your time and wait. You may be able to roll it over the sand using two sets of the balloon tires that fit in the scupper holes. That should be doable.

Overall, if you have someone who you fish with all the time it's a good deal. I occasionally take folks out as a guide on mine and it works great. The two pics are of a solo setup and a dual setup. It's also very kid friendly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My PA17.jpg (66.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg NCM_9434rot.jpg (51.5 KB, 102 views)