View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
kanvery
Junior

First post and Mexico questions!

Hey guys this is my first post but I've been doing some serious research on this site for the past month or so. I'm on the east coast so some of the lures and techniques you guys are using are almost foreign and it's great to learn so much.
Anyways, me and my girlfriend are headed to Kino Bay near Hermosillo and San Carlos for the entire summer and I think you guys would have the most information about the area. I've searched all over and have only found little bits of info here and there.
First the species, I don't exactly know what runs in that region at that time of year. Originally I thought roosterfish but no I think it's more white seabass, yellowtail, and grouper. I really have no idea so any help here is greatly appreciated. Also, is there a point where the water is way too warm and the doldrums set in? Second, as far as catching bait goes I'll bring some squid jigs and sabikis but here on the east coast any sabiki bigger that size 6 hook or 6lb running line is for finding bait for pelagics. That being said I was wondering what size you guys use that you may also be able to land a WSB by accident.
Sorry if this is a lot but I'm lost in the sauce and am really going off of my fishing experience and the little bit I read around the web. Also, I hear the tide goes waaayyyyy out when it goes out. What kind of depth finder would you recommend with the minimum detail to find bait and depth changes in areas like this. Thanks in advance and I'll keep doing some searching!
kanvery is offline   Reply With Quote