View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
ProfessorLongArms

Just wanted to add one thing here-

Over the weekend, I was a dumbass and did not tie the little cord for my radio around my life vest like I normally do. Leaned forward trying to fix something, the radio swiveled, and fell off into the water.

I didn’t realize what had happened until quite a bit later, but the current wasn’t ripping too hard and it happened in pretty thick kelp. I went back and searched for quite a while and never found it. I assumed it just sank.

I’m pretty sure there is a universal rule that customer service has a lot of ability to do nice things for you if you are friendly and persuasive, but I just wanted to add that the guy I spoke with at uniden definitely went out of his way to help me. While their warranty doesn’t cover the radio sinking ( despite the fact that the second line of the description on Amazon says it floats in all caps) they were kind enough to approve sending me a replacement free of charge.

I know there are a lot of negative reviews on Amazon specifically about their customer service. Figured this would be helpful and relevant.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote