View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
FISHIONADO

11/23 LJ Hooping

Went out Friday night with the hoops, launched at 5:00pm into a slight onshore breeze and choppy water. I saw a father/son team rigging hoops on the beach but never saw them on the water after that. The bright moon made lights necessary only when measuring bugs that were close to legal. I went to a spot that gave me a legal last month and dropped a hoop there and then three more about 50yds apart. The first pull brought in 7 lobsters, 2 legals. I was stoked, this is going to be easy to get a limit. I kept moving the other hoops to the area that was producing, I wanted at least 4, dinner for my wife and kids. I pulled in probably 50 shorts for the next 2 hours and finally pulled in 2 more by 9:30pm. The wind had shifted to offshore so I had a long paddle into the wind. Dinner Saturday night was excellent, grilled on the bbq and served with butter and rice/beans/tortillas/salsa from Porkyland.

This one liked me until I ate him.

I picked up bait cages from Squidco because the Morays chewed up my nets last time. There is a small one in the cage below. Are those things good to eat?

My wife said that after I went to bed these guys started making lots of noise and when she opened the cooler in the dark they had blue light coming from their legs. Anyone ever see that? She doesn't drink...
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote