View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
GregAndrew

Here are a few things you or others might add or change:

Night Before - Charge your cell phone. Check the batteries in your headlamp and UV light. You can freeze water and Gatorade bottles the night before to replace or supplement ice packs.

Fishing Equipment - Fish Gripper for releasing the toothy critters. I generally only carry 1 tackle container based on my targets. You might want to consider a floating Gaff instead of a leashed one. Some would add a Sabiki stick here too (but I prefer a rod I can use as a backup). I would change Sabiki rigs to Sabiki and/or Squid rigs. I also keep a clean rag for wiping down my glasses, GoPro lens and FF screen. And a tiny spray bottle (sample size) with clean fresh water to help remove salt from the last 3 items above. And a bait dehooker.

Clothing - I would recommend that you swap out your wind breaker for a paddle or splash jacket instead. Especially when you are going to be wearing additional layers of clothing. I prefer waders, but I sit very near the water line.

Confirm Prior to Launch - Not only that the batteries are in, but that they are making good connection to your electronics.

Personally - I also carry:
A downrigger with ball and camera.
A Pole mounted camera.
A collapsible net (for DFW only, never used).
A flushmount extender.
A spare paddle.
A tool mat to keep my stuff from sliding inside.
And, of course, a Super Big Gulp.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote