View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPelican View Post
Whats the best way to secure a kayak in a truck bed? I usually transport my kayak on top of a ladder rack, but this weekend I'll be hauling two boats.

My X-13 will go on the rack and the Castaway will get the bed. I strapped it down laying diagnoly in the bed with the nose in one corner to hold down. There is one strap across the seat area linking the rear tiedowns. I ran the other strap through the side carry handles and atatched them to the front tiedowns to keep it from sliding back.

Attachment 4975

It seems secure enough but I'm a little worried about putting too much tension on the carry handles. Any other suggestions?

I don't have a receiver hitch so a bed extender isn't an option.

I have Ford ranger.....most of the time, i also carry two kayak. i place them the same way you have it shown in picture and the other one, up-side down on top of the bottom kayak. Cheaper than buying a rack and less air-wind hitting them from falling off the roof. I always have a handfull of red flags, i got free from Home Depot. Also bought this cool lights at Home Depot that light up red,The Life+Gear LED Glow Flashlight serves as both a flashlight and a glow stick, Flashers. That i Also use at night.
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote