View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #21
Iceman
Administrator

Just take a deep breath everybody, there is nothing new and earth shattering in these maps. Most of it has been our "best case scenario" for the last year. La Jolla is not going to undergo dramatic changes. On most given days you can paddle out and have it all to yourselves, unless word gets out of a WFO bite, this will remain the way it will be. If you are looking for a sure thing, join the crowd, if you are out there to soak up what the Jewel has to offer it ain't over! Fishing north of the pier to get away from the pack will still be an option and you will be even more likely to have plenty of solitude if you are willing to go a little further.

I personally would have to say that the majority of my fish caught at La Jolla are well SW of the future boundary line. I do not expect my fishing plans to alter more than having to paddle a little more.

Bottom line is kayak fishing is not in peril. I plan to fish from a kayak until I cant physically do so anymore and even then probably from a Hobie for a few more years after that.