View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #26
Lit-up1

MLPA

Don't scrap the kayaks yet
I agree the bit about moving the boundry out to the point cuts off the closest spots, but I disagree that most of the fish are caught there.
Many of us have witnessed massive surface boils of YT in the area that we will still be allowed to fish in-Maybe the crowd will be grouped more, but like Andy says you can have the place to yourself almost any day. But the crowd can be a problem MLPA or not-I admit it on a wide open bite-
That certainly won't improve, but crowds were an issue already-not caused but perhaps worsened in part by MLPA-hard to tell at this point isn't it-
This is a huge (and hard fought for-thanks PAL) compromise in LaJolla, but other options are out there for kayak fisherman-
Just fishing in LA JOLLA ?? I think that always was kind of limiting. Explore, try Point Loma I have caught Yellows and WSB off Point Loma-Face it one of the biggest attractions for LJ is the beach launch and vehicle access to the beach-we can still do that--very few of us paddle around the corner to the southern part on a regular basis-certainly no newbies -most of the fishing will take place where it already does-that will not change-
I think MOTHERSHIP OPTIONS are going to grow for us and we are quite a ways still from an enforceable law.
I for one don't plan on intentionally fishing in a preserve, but I wonder how clear the boundaries will really be considering half the time I was in LJ in 2010 I think it was dark(DFG has night goggles). Of course you will be responsible if caught fishing in a preserve-if the State thought you were thumbing your nose at them they could pull your license and not issue another one-ever-you ignore the law at your own peril.
I agree with Adi that once closed we are out for good-I do wonder what will happen to these areas when closed but do really hate their carrot on a stick approach, "..YOU WILL SEE in 10 years there will be more fish.."
By saying that crap they prove they think we are stupid They will never act to reopen any of these areas and when they do I promise I will eat my rocking chair
Who cares what we can see if we can't fish there-I will be more crotchity in 10 years I bet