View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

Flame-Free Reply ...............Welcome to kayak fishing and to this forum.

Not sure of your height & weight, but here is what I googled on the Sun Dolphin Kayak 10' model;

Sun Dolphin Bali 10' Sit-On Kayak:
Great for lakes and rivers
Lightweight, easy to carry
Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
Rugged UV-stabilized Fortiflex high-density polyethylene
P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier) can be used as a tow behind or extra storage compartment
Large, comfortable seating area with protective thigh pads

Bottom line, it's primarily for lakes and rivers, not really for bays or ocean. Being only 10 ft long, and advertised as *light weight*, it's probably a bit too squirrely, if you are a bit too heavy for it or if you are dealing with the chop and wind in the bay. You may be in for a regular dunking in the bay each time you go out....which would stink.

Sending it back will probably cost too much. Talk it over with the wife and try to help her understand your frustrations and possibly sell it on CL while its still new. Then ask the Team Sewer dudes or other experts on this forum which kayak models to focus on buying.

I've seen a lot of used package deals on this site for great prices and the guys are really helpful responding with details.

Also, OEX (Andy ?) is a wealth of knowledge and OEX has great packages for fishing. OEX set up my 14' Malibu X-Factor and did a great job. I passed it along to my son, as it was a bit too much of a kayak for me to handle. I purchased a Hobie PA, ....love it, but it was spendy.

Good luck!
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote