View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 05:10 AM   #282
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscales View Post
Bob - what is the latest headcount for mid-week?

Who is interested in going in for a Panga for Wahoo or Tuna if they don't want to play w/the kayak?

If so, is it with bringing a Tld-30 II w/80 for the panga? Or is the Torium 20 w/65 sufficient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I have only been out with Juan once after tuna, I think the Tld would be a better outfit for that style of fishing. Mainly because there is a serious problem with the lobos on the tuna grounds. Once bit, you crank like hell with a buttoned down drag while Juan backs down on the fish. If the fight lasts over 45 seconds you will probably lose it to ths dogs. Sort of meat fishing and not sport fishing. My score was 3 to 5 with the lobos on top. I have a TLD II rig here if you want to use it. Again, only been out once but I talk to Juan almost every he he goes out and it seems to be an ongoing problem.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote