View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #28
Billy V

It could be tendonosis - a very painful debilitating condition that come from repetitive use. Micro tears form along the tendon's length. They repeatedly tear and scar over when you re-injure it.
If you did not have any direct trauma to the affected area that would be my guess. (I got mine from Rowing) It got so bad I couldn't carry my groceries to my house.

- I went for the MRI and Ultrasound Scan to verify the condition. I had Four Radiologist Dr's read the scans. The only thing you can do it rest it - that means No use at all - and it sucks big time.
The Orthopedic Dr. told me if I rested it for 6 continuous months it would scar over and heal itself - and it did.
------------------------

You need to figure out a way to fish without aggravating the area. Use the Rail, Use your legs to peddle.

----------------------------------
I also has a rotator cuff tear from a different incident. Although it was painful, it was a different kind of pain only localized to a specific movement. It was easier to deal with as compared to the tendonosis and tear.

The Number 1 advice the doc will give you is to stop what you are doing and rest the area. I know you don't want to hear that (neither did I) but its a way to heal without surgery.