View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #17
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
I've tried both reels and would take the Curado 300 over it for sure. Don't waste your time with Revo's, I had to rebuild my inshore 2x bc they are not very water proof and the gears can only handle so many fish. Don't get confused with the drag power on these reels either. Some claim to have 20lbs+, that's more than so e of my conventional reels. They don't have that much drag, trust me. I had big bass strip line from my Revo, Lexa 300, and Curado 300. If you really want to get a nice reel with real true drag power, then pick up the new Calcutta 400D. It's the nicest reel I have ever owned and has been put through the ringer. Now I'm not saying the Lexa is a bad reel, for the money you can't beat it. Just saying its not the best. I would buy another Curado 300 any day before I purchased another Lexa.

Like everyone else, it's just my $.02

Okuma has some really nice reels as well. They are light, low pro and have nice deep spools. I have a Cedros 273cj that is sick. I've caught numerous 8lb+ fish on it including a 15+ Muskie.
So you're saying the claimed max drag spec on the curado, revo and Lexa is B.S.? How do the manufactures get away with making those claims?
Can you be specific; what about the curado makes it better than the Lexa?

P.S.- I already have a luna 253 and a 300 conventional....love em both. I'm just becoming sort of a rod and reel wh@re like most of you...haha
BrokeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote