View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
VINNYC
VINNY

Great White Attack

So had a crazy day on the water on friday. I witnessed an 18 to 20 foot great white breach out of the water right next to me on my buddy. The shark launched the kayak and my buddy over ten feet in the air like on Air Jaws. This crazy 40 sec felt like for ever. I did not have the go pro on and did not get pics due to having to react and get Ryan out of the water. We did have an earlier bite to a Hobie Pro Angler that threw a bran new angler off of it. I want to throw you guys some things we learned from encounter.

Rules to follow

1. If there is a first attack, its time for everyone to come in. They are unpredictable

2. Always stay Calm in all situations

3. Always have your Marine Radio. Also know how to use it. Be calm

4. Never go without a buddy

5. Stick together as much as you can, even 5ft of distance can mean you getting launched in the air

6. Do not leave your fish hanging over the edge

7. After you have been attacked, stay calm on the radio so you can give clear directions.

These above items were in place during our attack. We had all these things, unfortunately we have planned on great whites being in our fishing grounds but had not planned on seeing what we saw. Always plan on the unplanned. I hope that makes sense. The three of us on the second attack were first responders at for work careers and im not sure if we can credit that or not but there was no time for shock. We had a guy in the water and he needed to get. We pulled Ryan out of the water onto my kayak and there was still no relief due to the fact we didn't know when the GW would be back. I hope you guys can learn from our experience.
Attached Images

VINNYC is offline   Reply With Quote