View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

11/7 LJ Seasons in the Abyss

If Brad is gonna start using the AC DC thing, I gotta come up with something new.

Vito and I owned the Pond. He had launched before me, but we met up at the pier. Surf was 6 inchers, with rogue 1 footers.......cake. Breeze was light out of the SE most of the morning and 8 kts or so SW later. I only managed one greenback under the pierr lights, but Vito called me out front for plenty. I was around 3/4 to the corner, when I saw alot of birds about 1/2 mile north, out over the abyss . Decided to take a chance and see what was with under them. When I got there, I just saw birds picking bait, but no boils. A pack of birds broke off and looked to be following something , when they started to dive and boils erupted in 170 feet. These were not the Brumby sized boils, looked like teen fish. As I was just getting close enough to chuck the iron, my flylined greenie went off. While I was fighting my fish Vito had several attempts to hit them in the head with iron, but no answer. Stuck the gaff in a 16.5 pounder around 9 AM. Called Nelz, as I thought he was coming out and while on the phone my clicker went off slow and steady, hung up and just as the rod loaded up I felt the fish spit it. That was it for the morning bite. Good luck tomorrow, hope the weather cooperates.