View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #24
'Cuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
Looks like the end of Sept is going to work for Abreojos instead. I couldn't find the coverage for beginning of Oct. Does it shut down on the full moon down there? Need to check the Pacific Coast charts for whale rock and Pataki area...couldn't find in my other Maps/books...Abreojos vs. LA Bocana...which is bettter for the yak and lauching? Abreojos picks up a lot of south swell....Razors on the Yak anyone?
Few boats go out during the full moon. I camped near the light house at Abreojos and launched from there...this was in Dec. so there was no swell. A 30 min. paddle straight out puts you on a shallow rocky shoal for grouper...another 15 min. is a drop off to 100ft depth for black seabass, YT, dorado and yellowfin. La Bocana is a 20 min. drive north along the estuary....you can't launch from the mouth because of the strong tidal surges but there is a bay northwest of town. Check out mexfish.com...back issues 2006......nov. 27th...under "Baja California coast fishing". Send me your e-mail and I'll share some pics.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote