View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #27
Baja_Traveler

I've been around long enough to notice that it all goes in cycles - when the fishing is dead, the forum is dead because there is not much to talk or brag about.

Then the fishing gets hot and we get lots of reports here.

Then the really dedicated guys who are out there putting in the miles get P.O.ed when they post up a report and the whole world descends on the location the next day - so they stop posting reports.

Then someone invariably whines that there are no reports being posted here and we're all dicks for ignoring the newbies.

Right now fishing isn't so hot, football and hunting season is upon us, and from what I read the lobster season isn't much to speak of this year.

Personally I haven't been on the water in two months because of my rifle competitions and getting a few hunts in - which seems to be my first love because I'm choosing it over my fishing poles.

But there is one thing I do know for a fact - there is a select group of guys here who are quietly putting in the time on the water every day, and probably catching more fish than I'll ever see because they are as dedicated to kayak fishing as I am to my rifle competitions. And I admire them for that - you guys know who you are...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote