Thread: LJ 12-17
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER
Nelz- I saw that Mavericks is suppose to be upwards around 30 feet. Looks like Wednesday would be a good day to go fishing, there will be nobody out there ]

TL-Matt
I'll be out there, if the launch is not insane. Just hope its not breaking way out. :shock:

Tough morning all around. Got there with the beginning of the crowd, paddled out a little before 5. Big waste of time until gray light, then the squid started coming. Loaded up and started working the drift. 7:00 rolls around and no one is bent, other than Chris on a wrong kind ride.

A gentleman asks if he can video if I get into one, I say sure, but I don't think its happening today. Well, one minute later my rod goes off. At first it just lays there, so I think black. Then it takes off. I'm trying to put the wood to it but everytime I tighten and go to pump, it pulls back harder. I see we are headed to a buoy and the Dolphin, but there is nothing I can do. The fish wraps the buoy line and despite my efforts to slack off and untangle, it pops. Big fish, almost certainly yellow. Spent the rest of the day looking for a second chance, never found it. Continued to catch squid on the magic spot through most of the morning, and when I finally threw in the towel I resigned to eat my bait.

Becomes....

Blue Cornmeal Calamari! Tasty.

Lots of talent and lots of friends on the water, but no joy for any of us. Chris and I tried some hail mary bouncing but quickly gave that up.

There's always tomorrow.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote