View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 04:24 PM   #1
bubbacee7

Sunshine and Fog

Hey Fishing Family. Fishinmike and I got out today at sunrise. Launched from Shelter Island Wading Beach at sunrise. Was a nice morning. Slight breeze cool water but not cold. Lots of yakers and tuna hunters. Today’s goal was to find the Sandie hole. Trolled a croc and a grub from beach to anchorage and pier. Snagged a catfish morsel. Fishinmike went straight across to NASNI side. Got around the south anchorage and started casting my weapons of choice. Worked the area on the drift. Got a lazy tail bite or two. PATIENCE. Paid off as I caught my first Sandie. Kept working back and forth as the current flowed well. Sun up and warming. About 820 a huge fog bank rolled in and the breeze blew stronger. Now I was being pushed into the pier instead of past it. Stayed foggy, breezy and moist for about 2 hours. Only caught a mack during this time. Light colored lures were no good. Sun came back out and so did the bite.

Fishinmike scored 4-5 along NASNI.

Fishinmike: 1 Hali, 4 sandies, 7 spotties

Bubbacee: 4 Sandies, 1 spottie, 2 catfish morsels.

I included a picture of what worked well for me. Recommend ghostie and dark green. Be prepared for the rolling fog. Be safe.
Attached Images

bubbacee7 is offline   Reply With Quote