View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #40
THE DARKHORSE

Do it for me.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Thanks!
Alright, one more try off DP. Another PB encounter with yft under the dolphin; too close not to go look again.

BTW I'm 0-3, but saw some cool chit. In spite of your report the 50VSW stays home.

We all know about Murphy, and bringing the proper gear almost guarantees you won't see crap. But, please, I'm begging you, I've been kicking myself ever since. It's a horrible feeling, so painful, and listen to all the reports of Marlin within 5 miles. It's not , the fish of a lifetime is waiting for all of us. I'm not special, those fish didn't jump for me. I was just in the right zone, by accident. Why not be prepared, if you choose to go where big fish live? I know, you might feel silly bringing proper gear, but the alternative is much much worse. The guys on the "tin can" were on a 30W with #30 test, baited the fish with a Sardine, and almost got spooled right in front of me (with the aid of an outboard engine). Toriam 20 with a 100 lb Striped Marlin on 40 lb Izorline, sure no problem. A Swordfish of 300 lbs+, dream on.

I hope you don't see one, if just bringing Inshore gear. On the other hand, if you do, plan on regretting your decision for the rest of your life. I wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy.

Last edited by THE DARKHORSE; 08-19-2008 at 12:00 PM.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote