View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #522
tsugg
LOWSPARK

OLD GUYS RULE !

I'll be the first to admit that I need to lose weight. BUT in the mean time I have to fish! So as I was shopping around for my first kayak I found some really neat things on some kayaks. Each different mfgr. has it's own cool factor.The one that really struck me as a required tool is the assist leash in the jackson kayaks. If you haven't seen it, it's attached in front of where you sit and if you want to get something from the front hatch or stand up and stretch your legs, you just grab it and you can use your arms to help you stand or get from sitting to your knees very easily. So I rigged a super cheap easy one for my PA14. I used a 1/2" inch sch. 40 pvc nipple( I think it was just long enough to rise out of the sail socket by 2")then put a cap on it and I heated it with a torch just enough to soften it and put a slight bend in it(maybe one or two degrees)so when you drop it in the sail socket it has a bit of resistance(because it's crooked and the socket is straight).Then I spliced some 1/2" poly rope to make the leash. Very easy and when you don't need it in there you just pull it out and throw it on the work bench, no harm to the PA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1224.jpg (48.5 KB, 1271 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1225.jpg (54.5 KB, 1269 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1226.jpg (54.6 KB, 1262 views)
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote