View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #524
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfish03 View Post
I'm tired of sucking up eel grass, whale semen, and whatever else is floating around in LJ...So I found a solution on here.
I know this has been done before, but I remember the previous post had the mesh screen inside the end of bottom black piece. I thought this method was much more easy to do instead trying to form and shove the mesh inside the black piece. Works great!

Its a great design but it sucks..................speaking from experience of course.

I did something very similar and had such bad results that I decided to leave it as it was built. The problem with this idea is that now every little piece of trash, weed, grass, etc. that could have simply run through the tube past the impeller and into the tank will be help up at the screen. One piece will turn into two, two into three and so on and so forth and before you know....BLOCKAGE

Again, its a great design/idea but the reality is that it will only work until small particles start to jam up against the screen. I'm speaking from experience and nothing else. I've got a few things that I'm working on to help prevent weeds and crap from being sucked into the pump...........I'll peep you posted.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote