View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #57
Fish Taco

Otterbox Armor Waterproof Case VS LifeProof

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderFishing View Post
Has anyone tried the new OtterBox Armor Series? Steep in price, but may be worth the investment?

http://www.otterbox.com/armor-series...efault,pg.html

Details:
iPhone 5 Armor Series, $99.95
The OtterBox iPhone 5 Armor Series case is a reinvention of an OtterBox classic that brings protection against water, drops, dust and crushing force. Metal latches, o-ring seal, port covers and mesh coverings keep water out and allow the Armor Series case for iPhone 5 to be completely waterproof. This case was made with confidence. We encourage you to use it with some.
Just got the iPhone 5. I'm being extra cautious I know, but went ahead and sent it out to Liquipel for their new 2.0 coating - should be back here tomorrow. In the meantime, I plan to pick up a case to put it in as it's main source of waterproofness while out kayak fishing. I have been looking at these two cases (LifeProof & the new Otterbox iPhone Armor Waterproof Series) as contenders. Problem is that so far I have yet to find the Otterbox case so I can physically look at it to check it out... it was only released for sale last Friday (2/22) and supposedly AT&T will be the only retailer initially selling these via retail. I went to my local AT&T store and they were clueless, didn't even know about it or its release last Friday... great. LifeProof looks like a pretty good option but I've read a lot of reviews where users were complaining about the audio being muffled... people hearing you speak, and/or hearing what's coming through the phone. In addition, I'm hearing some complaints here on this thread as well about longevity and tearing and whatnot... hmmm... what to do, what to do...

Sure would like to see the new Otterbox up close before making a commitment... anyone know more info about these?

Thanks,

- Ken

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote