Thread: Perris Bluegill
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
Now let me tell you how we do it in Indiana,
See now in Indy we have a whole bunch of farm ponds and we have big lakes too, but as you know, it gets damn cold in the winter, so we go out on the frozen ponds and lakes drill a hole in the ice and fish that way...not a lot of fun as far as I am concerned but i guess if there is enough beer involved anything can be...
That being said needless to say we get alot of perch and crappie, panfish. ALOT...
The bones are a drag, but if you take enough time which we have there, we fillet em, yeah some people just scale em and gut em, fry them up and
you got yourself a meal. My cousin used to fish all winter and save up the fillets for a big ol fish fry, the mess of gills you got will sufice, fillet them, it's a tedious job but the outcome is worth it.
Bread the fillets how you wish and deep fry em in a turkey frier, best thing since corn on the cobb, oh yeah serve it up with some grilled white corn...starvin now....
I concure. I was born in Illinois and we get some big o'l gills too. I'd walk around afishing hole with my (shit you not) bamboo fly rod. Drop Dow just past some overhanging grass and watch em just attack your bait.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote