View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
hi guys,

just an update.

well i went to court this morning and i was pretty calm and ready to request for a fine reduction along with a second offender course. so thanks to all you guys who gave me some pointers.

the court was to start at 8:00 am , but you may know the drill, it starts when the judge is ready. mine didn't get started until 8:45. as i was waiting i am looking at the one cop that is in the court. then as time slowing went by saw another one show up and then a few more i started to get nervous. hoping that mine won't show up and wishing this would start.

finally the judge comes out and starts taking roll call. first one he calls out, "mr. chin", here, "officer Davis", not, "dismissed". second one "mr. fraga", here, ""office wilson", here, wait for trial. third one gets dismissed and i am praying real hard now, call my name. finally he calls my name and i speak up and say "present", "office villegas", not, "dismissed". DISMISSED yippy!!!

so short story, it got dismissed and i had the biggest smile that you could have imagined. maybe i'll have that same smile when i catch my wsb

Way to go, Tim...its always crap shoot - is he/she going to show or not? Generally speaking, in LAPD, during my time, if we missed court we got a slap on the wrist, but now that the city is flat ass broke, you miss court, it cost you a day or two. That's why in my whole career, I bet I only wrote 50 tickets!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote