View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
or maybe this is a fishing report from La Jolla to keep the parking lot there?

Managed my first Legal Halibut on the yak, after managing my first Legal Sculpin on the yak yesterday but just before i landed my largest boaccio ever, what a day

Launched to 1 footers with a 15 second lull in between sets, Cake! Paddled south west from our launch point about 2 miles to the rock piles and tore it up, all 5 of us neared limits.. Now to the fun part, the largest of my rocks, including the sculpin and bocaccio where on a Pt. Wilson dart, we got to the spot and everyone was tossing double droppers with squid strips but i decided to mix it up and tossed the point wilson dart and was pulling up straight hogs! On the Bocaccio, a little over 3lbs he swallowed the trebble on the point wilson and trying to remove it i clipped the hook off

Screwing around from there i replaced that anchovy dart with a not so hot butterfly jig and managed a few dinks through out the rest of the day but the best part, about an hour before heading back we ran through a school of smaller sized macs (about 6-8 inches..) I had a 3 inch big hammer on my bottom dropper loop and squid strips on the top dropper loop (2/0 trokar circle hooks) After running through the bait ball, i had a mac hooked to the top dropper loop, thinking nice, perfect so nearing limits i said screw it, dropped that sucker down to the bottom(120 feet), stuck the pole in the Scotty and DWAM, 3 minutes later we landed a 11lb 28.5 incher! Yes, double dropper loop, top loop on a 2/0 circle hook for all the naysayers If it's any consolation i never though possible either, i figured it was another bat ray
reminds me of Jorge in his early days

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote