View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
bracks

9/30 LJ afternoon, no fish for me, dogs

Went out after ending work early. Thanks to the fellow kayakfisherman an that gave me a running start (push) in the shorebreak. There were some decent sets in the high tide.

Current was ripping south which laid down the kelp on the high tide making it hard to pinpoint my position (no GPS or fishfinder). Struggled for an hour to make bait then caught 5 spanish in quick succession. Heading to the outside I realized the bait finally bit for me when I was deep in the kelp almost in the inside.

Saw a few kayakers reporting quiet fishing. Same for me. I stuck around the north side of the kelp and outside the corner so I didn't need to deal with a long paddle against the current (I am just getting back on the yak after a long time away).

No bites for the first 2 hours then the dogs found me and stuck close by. Tried to shake them but they were better at the cat and mouse game. Thought I'd be in the clear but would get robbed again. After 2 hours of that I headed in. Nice to be out on the ocean. Ankle slappers on the low tide.
bracks is offline   Reply With Quote