View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #229
tagyak

inova microlight LED Wand

it is starting to get to that time of year where lots of us go out fishing late at night or o'dark early morning. trying to keep myself safe and more visible i thought that i would add a flag to my ride.

i went to home depot and found a fiberglass stick about 5/16 in size, that had a reflector attached to the top, it's about three feet in length. i think the original use for this was to line them along your drive way so that it would help illuminate the path for you. so i added some reflective tape to the pole and also added a flag, (thanks george for that vitamin water bag).

the next thing i wanted to do is illuminate the pole using some type of light. went to bass pro shop, but i am sure other stores have this type of light. (just wanted to use my gift cert that i got for my birthday.) roamed around the store looking at all the different type of lights that were available. finally found this LED Wand. i liked it because it is waterproof and also submersible. also the light is able to be used with a high beam, low beam and also strobe setting. i was a bit concerned that the light would turn itself off after 30 mins like that other types of wand lights out there but it has not so far.

what i did to attach this to my flag pole was to use some clips that i had gotten when i had purchased a light rope. the light rope for those who aren't familiar are the outdoor lights that you can buy at the home gardening section at your local target or walmart stores. i am not sure if they come with all the light ropes. the one that i had gotten was designed to hang from the outdoor umbrella so that's why it had these clips.

i attached the clips to the wand and used goop to glue it. after that just snapped the other side to the flag pole and it worked perfectly. i may add a clip to the wand and then to the pole just in case it gets knocked off.

hope that this is informative and useful to others. keep safe out there and good hunting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0423.jpg (37.1 KB, 1815 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0421.jpg (35.8 KB, 1809 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0422.jpg (26.5 KB, 1808 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0428.jpg (31.6 KB, 1816 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0429.jpg (27.9 KB, 1808 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0425.jpg (42.1 KB, 1809 views)
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote