View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
kpasadr
Junior

LJ 6/8 report and need advice

Didn't get on water til late about 0930, wind makes it rough by about 1 and off by 2. Fortunate enough to meet a kind chap on his way in so got some free bait. Able to pick up some more in about 80ft about mid column. Flylined one high and one low with intention of keep heading west until wind picked up but never made it past the condos. Got hit four times on the deep line, hit hard with line screaming (except the time I forgot to engage the clicker and almost got spooled before I realized it), great fights pulling hard on my heavy rod, bunch of runs. Each time just as I started to get a glimpse coming out of the depths, another run and disappears until finally I am able to pull her all the way up. Of course this was not the yellow I was looking for. Fun fight but I was not prepared to take these guys on board, each one was about 5ft and none were happy to see me. Of course by the third one I figured I should probably learn how to land them even if just to expand my limited knowledge.

So...anyone have advice on the safest way to land a shark should one decide that this a good idea?
Attached Images

kpasadr is offline   Reply With Quote