View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #140
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
My buddy Fabian whipped up this quick video for he and Nelsons maiden voyage. You can see me cruising right next time to him at times, almost as if we are racing, probably were

https://youtu.be/H6TXqcROVlY

The video inst kinda poor quality not sure why, maybe cause its a link of a link, either way.
The quality on the U-Tube video is 240p at the highest (that is poor quality level even for cell phones. Most likely it was in the settings when it was uploaded. Even 480 is bad (in my book) I try to use 720p or higher but it takes a lot longer to upload. Still looks like fun on a hot day. I'm almost done setting mine up. Had a change of plans on how to mount a few accessories. Also with the amount of people watching U-Tube they have been automatically lowering the quality setting when there is heavy use and even good quality video get down graded while watching by U-Tube. That part really pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
Do you guys put a dead man switch on the engine? I know that people get thrown from skiffs when they hit a crossing swell or wake from another boat. From the videos I've watched so far the Solo Skiff moves at a pretty good pace so it looks like it would be easy to get thrown overboard. It would get real lonely to watch your skiff going off into the sunset while you waited for someone to find you. I like the Solo Skiff but there isn't much to hold onto when things get rough.
The outboard already has a kill switch with a leash, that is meant to attach to the driver, during engine use. I believe all Tiller motors come that way. Falling off is why they would do that. If the user forgets to attach the leash, the boat would keep going. Using the leash, if you fall off, it will pull out a small safety spacer on the kill switch. That shuts off the motor.