Thread: Asuncion 2016
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #1
Deamon

Asuncion 2016

One of those classic runs into Baja with an experienced, confident group (MB & Buddha) driving a big arse 4X4 truck. Topping this off with a warm, welcoming home to crash when we got to Bahia Asuncion. Jeff cooked up a GREAT Thanksgiving dinner and we also had plenty of homemade meals with the convenience of staying at Ross' place. Rossman...MakoBob...special, special people.

Asuncion is a true fishing village. The people are very friendly and welcoming. There's enough good small restaurants to change things up. The Langosta dinner (fresh) was about $13 just like the old days of Puerto Nuevo! The pangeros seemed to really like and respect us yakkers. Each morning, we'd jump their launch spot seemingly with open arms and small talk. I passed on a bag of pistachios to a couple of commercial dudes on the water and was given nearby gps spots with nice structure. The small gifting thing works and they just loved the fresh nuts.

The fishery at Asuncion is pretty special...monster Checkers, too many Sandies lol, Goats with attitudes, Bonies galore and the Tails. We went for the Tails but it was one of those "you shoulda been here a couple of weeks ago", lol. I ended up with nine firecrackers up to 14 #'s. Ross killed one for me to take home that was over 30. We were even trolling for Dodo's one morning when a pangero called us over to his bite. Only Bones for us after a lot of sprinting, lol.

I found my fossil shark tooth along the beach cliffs. Kind of small but beautiful in its own way. I also ventured inland a few miles to a well known dig (I went a few times, lol). Ended up finding (3) whale sites and dug up around 5 cu yds of soil looking for Mr. Megalodon's tooth but no such luck. Fun stuff even though it was a Megalodon zip again. One day, we went to a sand dollar fossil spot Ross knows well and I came home w 15 sand dollar fossils.

The Osprey seem to be thriving throughout Baja as we saw nests and birds EVERYWHERE we travelled. Great to see such a magnificent killer.

Enjoy the pics, they'll tell the story. Jim
Attached Images

"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Last edited by Deamon; 12-03-2016 at 04:56 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote