View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #33
PAL

It's encouraging to see some action in this thread. Thanks for those who've sent letters or stepped up big by asking friends and family to do so too. The letter response is very good so far. Please pile on!

We need more people at the meeting. I'm asking you to dig deep, and find a way to get there even if you can't stay all day. We need more people to cede time. For those new to this deal, you normally get one minute to say what you have to say. If several other people (often 10) donate their time, you get more.

If you can make the trip and sacrifice your time, you'll be very pleased with its destination. Very. Contact me directly if you need more info. I'm not going to post it in the open.

I have room for two in my truck on the 15th. The downside is you'll be stuck up there all day, through the bitter end. On the other hand, there's bound to be drowning of sorrows / celebration of points scored with a couple of solid old-school kayak anglers from up north.

^During a Blue Ribbon Task Force / Stakeholder phase there was one evening meeting, and it was heavily attended by the fishing public, most of whom work for a living. That meeting went to 1 am! I remember watching as RSG reps from the enviro side snuck away or ducked out early. That one I enjoyed to the very end. The MLPA staff didn't schedule another for obvious reasons.

The Fish and Game Commission NEVER holds meetings outside business hours.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote