Thread: Summer Fun
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #15
Electronics Squid
Super Noob...

Awesome Post. I've always loved the start of Summer. Unfortunately this year I'm stuck on the ship for most of the summer, but the bright side is I'll get back in time to still get some camping and plenty of fishing in.

Took my daughter last year fishing and camping for the first time and she had a blast doing both.

During the camping trip we hiked a trail up from Big Bear Lake to where it meets the Pacific Crest Trail, and she took a decent digger coming down a small decline, cried for a second and then said she wasn't stopping until the top.

As for fishing, few days ago I got the best email from my wife, it said that my daughter couldn't stop telling friends of ours that we haven't seen for some time about going fishing with me, and about how we're going to do more when I get back.

Can't ask for much more than I've got...a wife who let's me fish and a daughter who always wants to tag along on the back of the 'yak...
"Fish are always eating other fish. If fish could scream, the ocean would be loud as shit. You would not want to submerge your head, nothing but fish going "Ahhh, f#*$! I thought I looked like that rock!" - Mitch Hedberg R.I.P.
Electronics Squid is offline   Reply With Quote