View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Unfavourable conditions in la Jolla Thursday 9/7/17 report

Wind and swell out of the northwest water temperature 71° only saw 4 kayaks at the launch. The saga of my mystery water leak continue, in my cobra fish and dive.After going to fiesta island with a 5 gal bucket and filling my kayak completely full of water I find no leaks and decided it must be leaking from the top. The only place I thought it might leak is the transducer wire, so I plug it with marine goop,thinking I fixed my leak. The last few trips I had to bail out water 3 times 1 on the beach.
So I launch in the dark and paddle out only one guy in front of me, took 4 waves that flooded my deck and in that big cobra you don't move...anyway until the water drains through the scupper hole, I made it out wet.Opened my hatch to get set up and no water inside my kayak.
Made bait two big mackerel and a smaller one. I pinned the smaller mackerel on the flyline thinking I would go shallow for some ghost hunting with only one bait on...it was a bumpy ride.No takers shallow so I head out around the corner not liking the conditions.
White rollers down the wall.
Attached Images

Last edited by MITCHELL; 09-08-2017 at 05:34 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote